The Lyrics of Christmas
We have hundreds of hymns and poems available in the Powerful Poetry section of our website. That's a blessing, but it can make it a challenge to pick out the Christmas carols and poems in that long list.
Here is our list, which will grow every year (Lord willing):
- 1st Sunday in Advent – Hosanna to the Living Lord
- 2nd Sunday in Advent (1) – The Lord Will Come
- 2nd Sunday in Advent (2) – In the Sun and Moon and Stars
- 3rd Sunday in Advent – Oh, Savior, Is Thy Promise Fled?
- 4th Sunday in Advent – The World Is Grown Old
- Brightest and Best of the Sons of the Morning! (Jan. 6 – Epiphany)
- Christians, Awake! Salute the Happy Morn
- Christmas Day – Savior, Whom This Holy Morn
- Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus
- Come, Ye Lofty, Come, Ye Lowly
- Cradled in a Manger, Meanly
- Go Tell It on the Mountain!
- God's Hour
- Hark, the Herald Angels Sing!
- How Great Our Joy!
- Joy to the World!
- Let Earth and Heaven Combine
- Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
- Of the Father's Love Begotten
- Oh God! Who Gav'st Thy Servant Grace (Dec. 27 – St. John the Evangelist's Day)
- Oh Weep Not O'er Thy Children's Tomb (Dec. 28 – Innocents' Day)
- Savior of the Nations, Come!
- The Mystic's Christmas
- The Nativity of Christ (a.k.a. Behold, the Grace Appears!)
- The Son of God Goes Forth to War (Dec. 26 – St. Stephen's Day)
- Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne
- We Wise Men of Orient Are
- Wise Men Seeking Jesus
If you have a favorite that's not on the list, please contact the webmaster to request it. If it's not under copyright, we will consider adding it for future Christmases.